Please call 718-383-0024
If you are missing one or more of your teeth, chances are you're looking for dental implants, and not wanting abridge or partial dentures. Dental implants are a natural replacement for your real teeth compared to dentures, since they form the roots of the artificial teeth and are attached directly to the jawbone. To take advantage of dental implants, you need to be in good health, have a fully developed jawbone, and healthy gums to support the implants.
Today, there are more options available to replace missing teeth and to counter certain dental emergencies. For instance, for dental emergencies in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, dental implant surgery is gaining in popularity. The dental implants are made of titanium and are surgically placed in the mouth by a dentist or an oral surgeon. The screw-like base of the implants is directly placed in the jawbone and act as the roots for the artificial teeth that will be placed above them.
For an implant procedure, there are several factors that determine the length or duration of the procedure: These factors include:
· Dental health
· Number of teeth involved
· Any prior tooth extraction needed before the surgery
All these factors determine the number of visits you need to make for dental implant surgery in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, and the amount of time needed to place the dental implants. A single tooth surgery usually takes two to three hours, including anesthesia and the dressing procedure in a sterile environment.
Whenever a dental implant surgery is about to begin inn Bushwick, Brooklyn, there are a few steps your dentist needs you to follow:
· Rinsing your mouth with anti-bacterial mouth wash like chlorhexidine
· Taking antibiotics a few days before the surgery as a precaution
· Eat a healthy breakfast before surgery as you will not be allowed to eat anything the night before
· Having someone with you to bring along in case you have chosen IV sedation
PHASES OF SURGERY
The dental implant surgery in Williamsburg 11211, Brooklyn, can start with the administration of local anesthesia or IV sedation. Either way, there are two phases involved in the process.
· Your mouth is numbed using a local anesthetic for surgical placement
· An incision is made in your gums to expose the bone underneath
· Space is created for the implant in the bone using a small drill
· The implant is screwed with a tool or drill in the space and a second component is screwed to the implant itself which remains during the healing process
· The gums are stitched, and the implant attaches to the bone securely within a few months’ time
· A second incision is made in the gums to re-expose the implants unless there is an attached extra component
· A small extension is placed on the implant to take the impression for the crown
· A series of appointments will be made to take mouth impressions for fabricating the crown
· The final step is to place the crown firmly on the implant for the tooth being restored
After a dental implant emergency procedure in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, and nearly everywhere else, there might be swelling in the gums and small bruises after the procedure. The patient may feel slight discomfort, which can be treated with painkillers. Some potential complications include:
· Infection around the gums and bone
· The body might reject dental implants
· Loss of bone around the implant
· A dental implant may not fit the bone correctly
FINAL WORD: DENTAL IMPLANT SURGERY
After having dental implant surgery by our experts in Bushwick, Brooklyn, maintain the dental implant and have regularly checkups. Brush and clean it like a real tooth as recommended, and visit your dentist every six months for a dental checkup.