Dental Implants – Brooklyn, NY
Replacement Teeth That Mimic Nature
Dental implants are a relatively modern advancement that have quickly risen to become the golden standard of tooth replacement. At Brooklyn City Dental, our highly skilled dental team is able to restore the entire structure of missing teeth, including the roots, within the comfort of our own dental office. Not only does this mean you won’t have to travel between specialists, but you’ll also get to stick with the same, trusted providers that you started with. Schedule a consultation today to learn how we can provide you with a smile that looks as natural as it feels thanks to dental implants in Brooklyn!
Why Choose Brooklyn City Dental for Dental Implants?
- Start-to-Finish Dental Implant Care
- CT Scanner for Better Treatment Planning
- Flexible Dental Financing Available
- Experienced & Multilingual Dental Team
Real Patients. Real Smiles
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are short, titanium posts that we can surgically place below the gumline and into the jawbone to reconstruct the missing root structure of teeth. Due to their biocompatibility, they’ll naturally fuse with the jawbone through a process called osseointegration, providing a strong, stable, and unwavering foundation for restorations like bridges, crowns, and dentures to be attached to. Because they provide the bone with stimulation and blood flow, this treatment is able to prevent bone erosion that can lead to changes in facial shape.
Dental Implant Candidate Quiz
Dental implants are widely considered the premier way to replace any number of missing teeth, but are they right for you? Determining if someone is a good candidate for this treatment involves multiple individual factors, and to help you get a better idea of where you stand, you can take the short quiz below. After you have completed it, you can give our office a call for a free consultation.
The 4-Step Dental Implant Process
- Consultation: During your consultation, our team will capture necessary diagnostic imaging, and conduct a visual assessment of your mouth. After that’s complete, we’ll speak with you about your smile goals. Based on our findings and conversation, we can help you determine whether this procedure is right for you. We’ll also outline a detailed plan and cost estimate with a financial coordinator so you know exactly what you’re committing to moving forward.
- Surgery: Our skilled team is able to complete the entire dental implant treatment from start to finish, including the placement of your dental implants. After you have been numbed, we’ll make a small incision in the gums that will allow us to secure the implant post(s) into the jawbone.
- Osseointegration & Abutment: Over the next three to six months following your surgery, your implant posts will fuse with the jawbone through a process called osseointegration. Once this is complete, we’ll attach a small, metal connector piece called an abutment to the post.
- Attachment of Permanent Restoration: As soon as we receive your permanent prosthetics, and once your gums have healed around the abutments, we’ll call you back in to attach your replacement teeth to the dental implants and complete your smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a wide array of benefits that distinguish them from traditional prosthetics, including:
- Ability to restore up to 80% of your bite power
- Making eating and speaking easier than removable dentures
- Preventing jawbone erosion and preserving natural facial contours
- Can be used as a solution to a variety of tooth loss situations
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Natural appearance can be confidence-boosting
Who Dental Implants Can Help
One of the primary benefits of dental implants in Brooklyn is that they can help patients in a variety of different tooth loss situations, whether you’re missing a single tooth, several, or an entire arch of teeth. During your consultation, your dentist will outline a treatment plan for you, letting you know which of the paths we can take to provide you with a complete and functional smile.
Missing One Tooth
For a single missing tooth, we can secure one dental implant below the gumline and into the jawbone. Once it has fused with the bone, we can attach a dental crown to it to fill the gap in your smile.
Missing Multiple Teeth
Instead of relying on a traditional dental bridge that requires you to alter your natural teeth, we can secure a dental bridge onto one or two dental implants situated at either side of the gap in your smile. This process is less invasive to your natural teeth and longer lasting.
Missing All of Your Teeth
To restore an entire row of missing teeth, we can use single implants, implant bridges, or a complete implant denture. By using dental implants to support a denture, we can eliminate any risk of shifting or moving while you speak and eat.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
While it’s true that dental implants have a higher up-front cost than traditional dental restorations, they offer countless priceless benefits that patients will agree makes them well worth the investment. The cost of dental implants is largely based on various factors our team will discuss with you during your initial consultation. Dental implants are highly customized, so prices can vary dramatically depending on your needs. During your visit with us, we can discuss exactly how much it will cost and the different financial options available. Until then, here are some things to take into consideration.
Preliminary Treatments & Dental Implant Surgery
Preliminary treatments, like gum disease therapy, tooth extractions, and bone grafting, are sometimes necessary and will add to the overall cost of your treatment. However, these preliminary treatments are vital for maximizing the success of your new smile. Fortunately, many of them are partially covered by dental insurance. We conveniently provide the entire treatment process under one roof, so you don’t need to worry about working with an outside specialist and needing to pay separately for the surgery.
The Parts of Your Dental Implant
Here are some of the most prominent factors we look at to determine the cost of your treatment:
- Number of Implants: Depending on the number of teeth that you are missing and where they are located in your mouth, you will need more or fewer dental implants. The more implants you need, the higher the cost.
- Type of Restoration: Crowns, bridges, and dentures all have different costs. In most cases, the smaller the restoration you get, the lower the cost is.
- Material Used: Implants are usually made from titanium, but they can also be made from zirconia. These materials are at different price points.
- Brand of Implants: Dental implants come from a variety of different manufacturers. This will influence their costs.
How Dental Implants Can Save You Money
It can be tempting to try to save money by opting for an alternative tooth replacement option. Dental bridges and dentures are great for some people, but dental implants provide benefits you can’t get anywhere else. They can even help you save money in the long run. You don’t need to worry about paying for replacements every 5 to 7 years like you would for dentures, you don’t need to stock up on denture adhesives or cleansing solutions. Dental implants also help to prevent dental issues from arising, ultimately helping you avoid the need for costly treatments that add up over time.
Does My Dental Insurance Cover Dental Implants?
Dental insurance plans often don’t cover the cost of dental implants, but there are some exceptions. Parts of the final or preliminary treatments are often covered. Our team is happy to work with you to understand what is and isn’t covered before your treatment begins. This way, we can fully maximize your coverage.
Making Dental Implants Affordable
If you don’t have dental insurance, this doesn’t mean you will be left completely on your own. With our In-House Dental Savings plan, patients can save on treatments and procedures completed at our practice. We also work with CareCredit and Alpheon. These are third-party financing companies that can help to split the cost of your treatment into manageable monthly installments. To learn more about your financing options, don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our friendly team members.
To find out exactly how much you can expect your implants to cost, schedule a consultation with us. We’re eager to help you get your smile back!