Root Canal Treatment – Brooklyn, NY
Saving Teeth Affected by Infection
Although root canals have a bad reputation, they actually allow our dental team to save and restore your natural teeth that have been impacted by infection and severe decay. While they’re said to cause pain, the truth is that they allow us to cure toothaches, leaving you in a more comfortable position than when you arrived. If you’re experiencing tooth sensitivity that won’t seem to go away or a severe toothache that’s keeping you up at night, give our dental office a call so we can help preserve your natural smile with root canal treatment in Brooklyn.
Why Choose Brooklyn City Dental for Root Canal Treatment?
- First-Class, Accessible Dentistry
- Convenient Sunday Dental Appointments
- Dentist with Advanced Root Canal Training
Do I Need Root Canal Therapy?
One of the best things you can do is visit us every six months for a checkup and cleaning. That way, one of our talented Brooklyn dentists can periodically examine your teeth and gums. However, if you experience any of the following symptoms, you should schedule an emergency dental appointment:
- A sharp, stabbing pain when biting down
- Red, inflamed, or swollen gums
- A pimple-like bump on your gums
- Noticeable discoloration on the tooth that’s causing you pain
- Prolonged sensitivity to hot and cold foods and beverages
The Root Canal Process
Root canal treatment typically takes place over the course of two appointments: first, your emergency dentist in Brooklyn will remove all decayed tooth structure from the tooth as well as the pulp. Our team will then sanitize the inner chamber of the tooth, ensuring that no bacteria are left over that could cause re-infection. We’ll then rebuild the hollowed tooth’s structure with a substance called gutta percha before securing a customized dental crown over the top of it. This will protect it, allowing you to comfortably chew and speak with your restored tooth.
The Benefits of Getting a Root Canal
Think root canal therapy is bad news? Think again! Here are three reasons it’s something you should be happy about:
- Save your tooth, restore your smile – In cases where the dental damage is severe, the tooth needs to be extracted and replaced with a dental bridge or implant. Root canal therapy, on the other hand, can save your natural tooth, benefiting your oral health and your wallet.
- Long-lasting results – With the right best practices in place (i.e., getting a dental checkup and cleaning semi-annually, implementing a solid oral hygiene regimen at home, not smoking), you can preserve your treated tooth for decades, if not the rest of your life.
- Beautiful restorations – Thankfully, metal restorations aren’t the only option anymore. With an enamel-colored dental crown, we can seamlessly restore both the look and function of your tooth, ensuring the restorative treatment doesn’t negatively impact your confidence.
If you are experiencing any abnormal dental symptoms or it’s been more than six months since your last visit to our office for a checkup, then don’t wait – schedule an appointment ASAP.